NCITS Announces the Approval of Project Proposal, Fibre Channel 1998 Physical Interface (FC-PI'98)
NCITS (National Committee for Information Technology Standards)
Doc. No.: PR/98-019
Reply to: Deborah J. Donovan at email@example.com
Fibre Channel 1998 Physical Interface (FC-PI'98)
Washington D.C., April 1998 - NCITS (National Committee for Information Technology Standards) announces approval of this new project being developed within Technical Committee, T11, I/O Interface - Device Level. The reference number for this project is 1306-D.
This proposal recommends the development of a Fibre Channel 1998 Physical Interface (FC-PI'98) standard. Included within the recommended scope of this project are:
1) The creation of new electrical physical variant definitions at data rates in excess of 1.0626 gigabaud;
2) The creation of new optical physical variant definitions at data rates in excess of 1.0626 gigabaud;
3) The selection of the existing physical variant definitions (both electrical and optical) which are suitable for use in current and future implementations as of 1998;
4) The full definition of the SG optical connector previously approved for inclusion by T11;
5) Other improvements to physical variant definitions that have been suggested by experience with existing implementations.
Inquiries regarding this project [project 1306-D] and other Fibre Channel and HIPPI projects should be sent to the Chairman of T11, Mr. Roger Cummings, Distributed Processing Technology, 140 Candace Dr., Maitland, FL 32751. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next meeting of T11 is April 20-24, 1998, Palm Springs, CA. All organizations and individuals who are materially or directly affected are invited to participate.
An initial call for possible patents and other pertinent issues (copyrights, trademarks) is now being issued. Please submit information on these issues to the NCITS Secretariat at 1250 Eye Street NW, Suite 200, Washington DC 20005. Email: email@example.com FAX: (202) 638-4922.